That’s right folks, #SSNLMAC is Back. This year we’re doing things a little differently to compliment the Monthly Themes we’ve planned for our 50th Anniversary, so there are only 3 MAC months. Please see below:
October: Active Transportation Month
December: Countdown to Christmas
March: National Nutrition Month
For those of you new to Participation Nation, or those looking for a quick refresher on how our Monthly Active Challenges (MAC) work, we’ve summarized the details below:
First of all, a big congratulations goes out to all schools who participated last year, in particular, we’d like to extend a special congrats to our Top 3 Schools:
1st Place: St. Peter’s Academy (Westport)
2nd Place: Gros Mornes Academy (Rocky Harbour)
3rd Place: Southwest Arm Academy (Little Heart’s Ease)
Now, onto just how this monthly challenge can get your students moving!
How it works:
- Each MAC month we provide opportunities for your student body to be active and for your school to earn points through specific challenges.
- Challenges are listed on the Participation Nation Calendars, received through your schools 2019/2020 Welcome Package.
- Challenge reminders will be sent out each month via email and will appear on both our PN Facebook page and our SSNL Twitter account.
- Points are tallied monthly, and at the end of the year the top 3 schools win Sports & Physical Activity Equipment!
What you have to do:
- Plan activities for your students, in line with the current month’s theme.
- Snap a photo or two or maybe a video as evidence
- Tweet or Instagram your photo(s)/video(s) to @SchoolSportsNL to submit your entry when applicable. ‘Mention’ your school name if tweeting from your teacher account (so we can credit the appropriate school!) and use #SSNLMAC
- Bonus: If your school runs our Elementary Pin Winners program, some of your activities can contribute to earning pins as well!
So that’s it, easy-peasy! If you haven’t already, be sure to follow us on Facebook @SSNLParticipationNation on Twitter @SchoolSportsNL and on Instagram @SchoolSportsNL for all the latest! Good Luck and have fun and remember if you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out! We’re here to help.