We are back again for another fun year of motivating you all to keep those students active! For those of you new to Participation Nation, or those looking for a quick refresher on how our Monthly Active Challenges (MAC) work, we’ve summarized the details below:
First of all, a big congratulations goes out to all schools who participated last year, in particular, we’d like to extend a special congrats to our Top 3 Schools:
1st Place: Gros Morne Academy in Rocky Harbour
2nd Place: Sheshatshiu Innu School in Sheshatshiu
3rd Place: Amos Comenius Memorial School in Hopedale
Now, onto just how this monthly challenge can get your students moving!
How it works:
- Each month we provide opportunities for your student body to be active and for your school to earn points through specific challenges.
- Challenges are listed on the Participation Nation Calendars, received through your schools 2018/2019 Welcome Package.
- Challenge reminders will be sent out each month via email and will appear on both our PN Facebook page and our SSNL Twitter account.
- Points are tallied monthly, and at the end of the year the top 3 schools win Sports & Physical Activity Equipment!
What you have to do:
- Plan activities for your students, in line with the current month’s theme.
- Snap a photo or two as evidence
- Tweet your photo(s) to @SchoolSportsNL to submit your entry when applicable. ‘Mention’ your school name if tweeting from your teacher account (so we can credit the appropriate school!) and use #SSNLMAC
- Bonus: If your school runs our Elementary Pin Winners program, some of your activities can contribute to earning pins as well!
So that’s it, easy-peasy! If you haven’t already, be sure to follow us on Facebook @SSNLParticipationNation and on Twitter @SchoolSportsNL for all the latest! Good Luck and have fun and remember if you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out! We’re here to help.